Ready, set , go!!
ACTIONS to reclaimAERA:
1) We will be distributing armbands with messages of protest. Please take one and wear it throughout the conference.
2) We will be leafleting. Please take leaflets, share, leave them where others will read them, talk with others about the ideas and information on the leaflets (leaflet ideas can be posted on our facebook group)
3) We will have a strong presence at Arne’s talk (Tuesday April 30th 3:45-4:45, Hilton Union Sq. Continental 4-6). Please get there early. Please bring signs. They may not allow signs, so prepare signs on paper that can fit into your bag and then come out during his talk.
4) We are meeting Sunday at 2 PM to discuss the talk and other actions face-face. Please sign up for that event on facebook, and we will let you know the location.
5) Attend the EDU4 session on Wednesday from 2:15-3:45 at the Union Hall 209 Golden Gate to continue the discussion and planning.
6) Support the boycott of the Hyatt. Do not attend sessions there. Move your session if it is scheduled at the Hyatt. The Union Hall is available. Contact us for more information.
8) This group came together to bring attention to Duncan’s presence and the corporatization of AERA. While we have taken some leadership, there are other individuals and groups concerned about these issues and taking action.
Please email us at reclaimAERA@gmail.com with ideas to share. We will connect with each other through that email address. Please instigate your own actions. Other things we can do:
Bring these issues up at your SIG meetings and plan other actions from there.
Ask questions at every session you attend about how researchers are addressing the corporate assault on public education.
Send ideas for flyers and signs. We will share these on facebook and the webpage before the conference.
Follow us on twitter for updates during AERA (@reclaimAERA, #reclaimAERA, #edjustice)
We are still looking for Oakland parents and teachers to protest the talk. Please be in touch!